Vice President Human Resources
The Gersh AgencyBeverly Hills, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Vice President Human Resources jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
With offices in Beverly Hills and New York, Gersh maintains twelve full-service departments: Talent, Literary, Film Finance, Books, Comedy, Theater, Production, Alternative, Digital, Branding, Commercial Production and Commercial Endorsements. The agency's roster of clients includes award-winning actors, writers, producers, directors and production talent in film, television, new media, branded content, and stage. For over seven decades, Gersh has remained one of the most recognizable names in the entertainment industry.
Vice President, Human Resources at Gersh (LA)
About the job:
The Vice President of Human Resources at Gersh has overall responsibility for the development and implementation of effective HR strategies, employee engagement, professional development, compliance, policies, practices, and administrative systems in the areas of Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Staffing, EEO and Diversity, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Organizational Development, Data Management & Analytics, and HR Systems. The Vice President of Human Resources works closely with senior leadership across both the NY and LA agency locations to mitigate issues and protect the interests of the organization. This position will serve as a key member of the executive team and leader of the human resources team.
PLEASE NOTE: The VP of HR at Gersh oversees payroll and will be backup when someone is out sick or on vacation. This person also manages all things related to benefits. Must have a strong, working knowledge and/or command of HR software and systems, esp. payroll, benefits, administration, contracts, and recruitment.
• Partner with HR and leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning. Ensure strategy aligns with overall business strategy.
• Oversee and drive compliance of HR policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all employment laws. Develop HR strategies to align with business objectives and identify opportunities for increased efficiency/effectiveness.
• Manages team performance through regular, timely feedback as well as the formal performance review process to ensure delivery of exceptional services and engagement, motivation, and team development.
• Plan, develop, and manage the budgets for human resources programs and staffing.
• Develop and manage long term growth strategy for HR department to align with overall company strategy.
• Provide employees and leaders support in complex or sensitive HR-related situations requiring independent judgment and detailed knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• Work closely with the Head of Culture to define and execute Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, & Belonging initiatives and programs.
• Work closely with the HR team to ensure compliance of all legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, TEFRA, ERISA, and Wage & Hour, etc.).
• Manage all legal issues in conjunction with Gersh legal counsel.
• BA/BS degree (advanced degree preferred).
• 10 + yrs. related work experience. Prior management experience required.
• Experience managing and leading HR teams in multiple locations.
• Mergers/acquisitions experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of federal and multi-state laws that affect HR policies and procedures, including EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and other regulatory and compliance laws.
• Creates employee contracts.
• Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced work environment with constantly changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to forge strong, trusting relationships with management and direct reports.
• Ability to think strategically and develop innovative and creative solutions to non-routine matters.
• Ability to provide oversight to numerous business units and projects simultaneously.
• Superior presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong internal/external client service focus; comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify issues and develop appropriate solutions.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint); and ability to learn all required business systems.
• Able to delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively.
• Able to maintain data security and confidential information.
• Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
• Certifications for Human Resource Professionals (SPHR, SHRM-SCP) preferred.
• Working understanding of business finance and accounting.
• Experience in the entertainment industry preferred