Fall Intern - PR, Branding and Influencer
The deFIANTLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The deFIANT is an entertainment/lifestyle/beauty/fashion PR firm located in Los Angeles. We are seeking interns who are passionate about learning all aspects of Public Relations. This internship is a hands-on learning opportunity into the PR world to gain experience with everyday tasks such as (helping coordinate event logistics, capture media placements, pitching, research related to upcoming projects and events and more).You will have the opportunity to experience various parts of PR in our celebrity department, fashion and lifestyle and hospitality department.
- Class Credit offered
- Days of availability are flexible
- Hours are from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday (some weekend events)
- Start date is flexible
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Help with the day to day flow of the agency
- Assist with client and media press clippings
- Seeking a degree in Public Relations/Marketing/Communications/Journalism/Broadcast or Business is preferred.
- Positive attitude adaptable to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office and Mac platforms
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters university/college
- Personal laptop required
As a public relations intern at The deFIANT, you will be an extension of the team and an integral component to the agency's daily tasks and operations. This internship will also provide you an opportunity to develop professional skills, create work samples for portfolio use and learn the role of PR, branding, and influencer relations within an integrated agency. The deFIANT works with clients in fashions, sports, automotive, beauty, motion picture production companies, and celebrity/influencer.
This internship is a hands-on and semester-long opportunity into the PR/branding world to gain experience with everyday tasks such as (helping coordinate event logistics, capture media placements, pitching, research related to upcoming projects and events and more).
*This internship will begin as a remote position due to COVID-19**
• Available to start immediately
- Dedicate the equivalent of 20 hours per week for 12-14 weeks,
- Develop a portfolio of all work completed during the period of internship
- Assist in follow up/correspondence with CEO's calls/meetings
- Support the preparation and distribution of media materials
- Assist in conducting research for clients
- Aid in planning and/or attending client events and seminars
- Assist in preparing general client correspondence
- Draft media releases, alerts and/or advertorial needs and proceed through the editing process with
guidance from an account executive
- Help organize and file documents via Google Drive and Dropbox
- Assist with media clips and monitoring coverage for reporting for multiple clients
- Must be in the process of earning a degree (AA,BA,MA) from an accredited two or four year college or university (full-time or part-time enrollment)
• Personal laptop required
• Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Journalism, communications, advertising or public relations major preferred, but not required
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational and personal skills
- Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) writing guidelines
- Knowledge of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+
- Working knowledge of OS X, Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
• Assist with client and media press clippings
• Build and update media lists and databases
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Responsible for timely completion of work
- Enthusiasm for the public relations and related fields
- Professional appearance and conduct
We look forward to reviewing your cover letters and resumes!
SALARY For college credit only.
ABOUT THE DEFIANT
The deFIANT is a a hybrid agency for the 21st century, unifying marketing and communications with innovative creative direction and multidisciplinary production. We are marketers and storytellers, influencers and innovators, designers and filmmakers, polymaths and futurists. Collectively, we are solution-driven, drawing on wide-ranging and complementary capabilities to create unparalleled brand experiences. The deFIANT breaks down the patron-client binary by working together as collaborators to create distinctive branded experiences and deliver exceptional results.
Please send resume and cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for this job. We are looking for high-energy, creative, and driven applicants!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online