The Davis Firm, PLLCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Attorney Job Description
A boutique music entertainment law firm is seeking a full-time associate attorney with at least two (2) years of experience in music entertainment transactional law for its New York office. Applicants must have the ability and desire to work collaboratively, independently, and with superior communication skills in a fast-paced work environment.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing, and summarizing various music, television, and entertainment related agreements. Specifically, applicants must have significant work experience negotiating producer agreements, songwriter agreements, publishing agreements, recording agreements, side artist agreements, mixer agreements, management agreements, endorsement agreements, confidentiality agreements, settlement agreements, and employment agreements.
- Providing legal support for the Partner and Managing Attorney regarding contracts and projects as assigned.
- Conducting legal research for clients and the Partner and Managing Attorney.
- Drafting and reviewing legal correspondence.
- Communicating with clients and their professional team members.
- Reviewing legal work submitted by the Junior Associate, paralegal, and legal interns (if any).
- Supervising and training the Junior Attorney, paralegal, and legal interns (if any).
Required Experience and Attributes:
- At least two (2) years of music and entertainment law transactional experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental music and entertainment law concepts
- Excellent written and spoken communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Capability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to handle high-volume of work
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong prioritization skillset; ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in the life and network of the music and entertainment industries
JD Degree; admitted to NY State Bar
About The Davis Firm PLLC:
The Davis Firm PLLC is one of the preeminent entertainment law firms in the U.S., with a focus on the music industry's most successful artists, producers, songwriters, and executives.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online