Manager, Consumer Products Licensing
The Branded Entertainment NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Who YOU Are
Do you love licensing? Enjoy working across categories and industries? Is ''negotiation'' your middle name? Are you a strategic thinker who focuses on long-term growth? If so, this may be your dream job. BEN is seeking a Manager, Consumer Products Licensing to work closely with the Greenlight Merchandise Licensing team. This is an integral position who will help develop and execute strategies to drive product licensing revenue for Greenlight's represented Icons including Albert Einstein, Sophia Loren, Steve McQueen, Buzz Aldrin, and many others. The Manager will research and identify new product growth opportunities, develop new licensee and retail partnerships, negotiate deal terms and execute agreements, manage licensee relationships, and liaise with licensee and clients. The ideal candidate takes 360-degree ownership over assigned licensees and/or clients, including addressing their brand management, financial, and legal needs.
Our team is global, with offices in Los Angeles (headquarters), New York, London, Berlin, and Provo. Branded Entertainment Network is a privately held company, wholly owned by Bill Gates.
BEN is an established and stable company with the pace and vibe of a startup. The BEN team thrives in a dynamic and ever-changing industry environment and we pride ourselves on our history of proven success and leadership in the entertainment advertising category. BEN is continually evolving our branding strategies to meet the unique needs of our clients, and we are searching for exceptional people to help realize our vision and achieve our goals, all while applying our core values of Accountability, Passion and Teamwork. BEN is results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative. Our employees receive a generous benefits package and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry.
• Develop strategies and execute programs to maximize expansion and development of licensee relationships across a broad range of product categories domestically and in coordination with international sub-agents
• Analyze business models, negotiate and execute new license agreements to achieve strategic objectives and drive revenue growth
• Manage and drive existing licensee partnerships for maximum revenue
• Manage licensee product approval processes, ensuring contract adherence by all licensees
• Develop strategies and tactics for digital media and marketing programs to establish platforms that drive relevance of represented properties, while ideally generating incremental revenue
• Work with internal and external legal teams to manage trademark portfolios
• Moderate travel required
and Skills Required:
• BA or BS degree required
• Minimum 5 years licensing, marketing, or business development experience
• High energy, creative, team player with a passion for developing new products and businesses in multiple industries
• Excel in forming strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Comfortable liaising with all organization levels, including senior management
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills are essential
• Understanding of royalty reporting structure, forecasting, and basic financial reporting
• Basic understanding of the legalities of product licensing, trademark, and copyright law
• Experience in digital and social media a plus
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Creative Suite
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.