Human Resources Generalist
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who YOU Are
Do you love payroll, benefits, and recruiting? Are you a team player who believes that no detail is too small and no problem should go unsolved? Are you a self-starter who strives for perfection? If so, this may be your dream job. BEN is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to take ownership of the administration and HR functions in our Sherman Oaks, CA office. This role is ideal for a proactive utility player to partner with the Global Director of Human Resources to drive change and continually push for improvement.
Our team is global, with offices in Los Angeles (headquarters), New York, London, Seattle and Provo. Branded Entertainment Network is privately held company, wholly owned by Bill Gates.
BEN is an established and stable company with the pace and vibe of a startup. The BEN team thrives in a dynamic and ever-changing industry environment and we pride ourselves on our history of proven success and leadership in the entertainment advertising category. BEN is continually evolving our branding strategies to meet the unique needs of our clients, and we are searching for exceptional people to help realize our vision and achieve our goals, all while applying our core values of Accountability, Passion, Inclusion and Teamwork. BEN is results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative. Our employees receive a generous benefits package and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry.
• Act as a company culture champion, overseeing service and peer recognition programs
• Provide daily HR and administrative support, enforcing and promoting HR policies, procedures and programs
• Ensure legal compliance
• Partner with stakeholders to develop a new, innovative performance management experience that will enable BEN talent with a progressive career path, while maintaining a fair and balanced experience promoting growth and accountability
• Create and manage the new employee experience ensuring a meaningful, fun and creative on-boarding experience that aligns with the BEN values of Passion, Accountability Teamwork.
• Support recruitment activity within assigned territory to attract, develop, support and retain a diverse community of employees
• Assist with compensation and classification analysis
• Process personnel action forms and ensure proper approvals
• Perform HR projects as assigned and manage stakeholder expectations by communicating project status and issues, resolving concerns and preparing reports
• Oversee invoice processing
and Skills Required:
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 3 years of progressive human resources experience in a fast-paced environment (high-tech, media, entertainment, or advertising industries preferred)
• Knowledge of local, state and federal employment law including ERISA, FLSA, and EEO
• Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills required
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail.
• Performance management experience preferred
• Employee relations experience preferred
• HR Project management experience, with consistent and timely follow through
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and frequent interruptions
• Strong PC skills, primarily Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with Human Resources information systems required; ADP and SAP experience preferred
• Unwavering business ethics
• Ability to work independently in a macro-management environment
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.