Motion Graphics Design Intern
The Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Position Title: Motion Graphics Design Intern, (Remote)
Department: Orioles Creative Content
Reports to: Art Director
Direct Reports: None
Position Summary: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a Motion Graphics Design Intern during the Fall semester in exchange for course credit hours. As part of the Orioles Creative Content team, the Motion Graphics Design Intern will work remotely on a variety of visual effects and animations to help promote the Orioles brand. This position will report to the Art Director for project guidance and career development.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, composite and animate motion graphics for distribution across all Orioles platforms: social/digital, video, and LED/TV signage at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
• Creative projects include but are not limited to feature titles, bumpers, lower thirds, fan prompts, advertisements, transitions, animations, and video effects.
• Maintain and implement the Orioles' creative guidelines on all projects for brand consistency;
• Collaborate with the Creative Content team to brainstorm off-season content ideas, activations, and other storytelling engagements;
• Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Essential Functions:
• College student, or individual, pursuing a career in video production, visual effects, graphic design, or related field;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop;
• Demonstrates design principles and creative trends with an online creative portfolio/reel;
• Capable of working independently and remotely on most projects;
• Understanding of baseball and Orioles team history is a plus.
Submission Request: Please submit a link to creative portfolio and cover letter to this post.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.