Intern - Community Development
The Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2021 7:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Community Development jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Intern - Community Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Community Development? Community Development Internship
The season long internship is designed to gain experience and insight into overseeing and executing programs and initiatives for a Major League Baseball team; consistent with, but not limited to, the duties listed below. All duties are performed under the direction of the Community Development Manager and are designed to be an extension of the intern's education.
• Oversee coordination with internal and external resources to execute Orioles Achievers program featuring large groups of youths
• Fulfill Commissioner's Community Ticket Donation Initiative and Community Donation requests, using Donation Xchange
• Maintain multiple databases including Commissioner's Community Initiative, memorabilia and player card inventory
• Assist as needed with individuals and groups during pre and post-game ceremonies and events
• Coordinate Silent Auction and Autographed Baseball ''Grab Bag'' sales during games
• Support offsite community events, including baseball and softball clinics, camps, and programs
• Assist with RBI data basing through LeagueApps
• Other duties as assigned
• Candidates must have a flexible start date.
• Must be available all weekday, weeknight and weekend home games in addition to normal office hours.
• Students must have passion for community work and interest in sports business.
• Must be willing and able to speak in front of large audiences
• Have a strong interest in working directly with youth
• Must be able to successfully participate in a team environment as well as complete various individual projects
• Must be flexible and willing to be accessible for long hours
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and perform assigned duties in a fast-paced environment
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Current student in a college/university with a declared major
An energetic, positive, and enthusiastic personality
Proficient customer service and communication skills
Outgoing and ready to handle anything presented
Have a strong knowledge of baseball
Willing to offer ideas, suggestions, and appropriate feedback
Punctual and professional
The individuals who participate in this internship are unpaid but may earn college credit. Interns are not eligible for benefits. The Baltimore Orioles do not guarantee a position within the organization after completion of this internship. If interested, please submit or send a cover letter and resume here.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.