Assistant, Social Media
The Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
Assistant, Social Media (Seasonal)
Job Title: Assistant, Social Media (Seasonal)
Department: Creative Content
Reports To: Coordinator, Social Media
Job Summary: The Baltimore Orioles seek a part-time, seasonal assistant to support the Social Media team in game coverage, editorial calendar planning and copywriting, community management, light content creation, and reporting. Potential for this position to be remote, upon discussion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assistance with game coverage on all social media platforms
• Management of secondary brand accounts, including but not limited to mascot or community accounts
• Assistance with development of editorial calendar and copywriting of social posts
• Help developing strategy and content for emerging platforms (i.e., TikTok, YouTube Stories, YouTube Shorts)
• Ongoing reporting of social data and audience analytics, as well as competitive analysis and monitoring of social trends
• Potential to assist Team Photographer with editing photos during games and events
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior experience working on college or professional team or brand social account is a plus
• Must be collaborative and team-oriented individual who is receptive to feedback, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects at once
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Must be able to work nights and weekends, as the job requires long hours
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.