Manager, New Business Team
The Arizona DiamondbacksPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Manager, New Business Team
The Manager, New Business Team will be responsible for oversight of a team of entry level New Business Consultants who will generate revenue through the sale of season tickets, mini plans, groups and suites, as well as renewing season ticket accounts. The Manager will be responsible for the recruiting, hiring, training and development of the New Business Consultants.
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Recruit, hire, train, manage and develop a team of 15-20 New Business Consultants.
• Achieve all departmental sales goals
• Adapt quickly to a fast-paced and changing environment
• Conduct ongoing sales training, including role playing and working with team on closing techniques over the phone as well as on face-to-face appointments.
• Continually and proactively recruit for the department by building relationships with colleges, attending recruiting events, and utilizing social media channels.
• Conduct daily and weekly meetings with sales team and upper management.
• Manage daily metrics to monitor performance such as: touchpoint volume, closing rates, revenue to appointment ratios, etc.
• Create team-focused, competitive environment among staff members to ensure a productive work environment.
• Provide reports/summaries to sales management as requested.
• Assist in the development of ticket packages and sales campaigns as necessary.
• Work closely with sales management team to implement strategies to effectively track individual and department sales efforts.
• Attend D-backs home games.
• Entertain clients and prospects at all home games and other events as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Thorough understanding of the sales process.
• Demonstrate effective leadership abilities.
• Requires judgment of talent, training and coaching skills.
• Must possess good mentoring skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Well organized.
• Good decision maker.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• A passion for the sports industry.
• 4 year college degree.
• Minimum of 4 years experience selling in the Sports and Entertainment Field.
• Demonstrate a history of success as a leader in a sales environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, in both oral and written form.
• Enjoy working in a team environment.
• The ability to organize multiple tasks for maximum efficiency with minimum supervision.
• Have mastered basic selling techniques and be prepared to teach others those techniques.
• Provide accurate, thorough information with limited time for preparation.
• Show and ability to create new ways to achieve sales goals.
• Thrive on working in a high-pressure environment with constant deadlines.
• Use sound judgment while making decisions in a timely manner.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
• Spend long periods of time in and around the ballpark or at spring training.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.