The Adrienne Arsht CenterMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is seeking an experienced, skilled, and highly motivated Settlement Accountant to support the Assistant Vice President, Finance and Controller.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Finance and Controller, the Settlement Accountant is primarily responsible for event accounting and analysis and special projects as assigned by the Controller. Areas of concentration include show/event (settlement) accounting; budget maintenance; account reconciliation and analysis; maintenance and custody of accounting records; and the performance of other general accounting duties. The ideal individual will be a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills; possess the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues within Finance and the institution, business partners, customers and others; have strong computer skills; possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; possess the ability to handle various projects simultaneously and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality and timeliness.
The Settlement Accountant is a full-time, exempt position.
• Prepare internal settlements using event documentation in a timely manner.
• Negotiate show settlement with Promoter and disburse or collect funds as appropriate.
• Perform accounting activities related to show/event settlements and reporting.
• Review and understand contract terms to accurately set up and settle events.
• Analyze and report event variances, identifying and explaining causes of variances while providing resolution.
• Assist senior Finance staff in all budget preparation, input, balancing and monitoring.
• Maintain budget templates for shows.
• Maintain good working relations with organization employees, partners and customers.
• Perform accounting activities related to music licensing arrangements (ASCAP/BMI and SESAC).
• Prepare and enter various (related) journal entries.
• Set up wire transfers.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation and analysis for all food and beverage activities of contracted concessionaire.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation and analysis for outside parking contracts and activities.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation and analysis for merchandise sales.
• Reconcile monthly account activity as assigned.
• Complete month-end closing procedures as assigned.
• Provide audit schedules as assigned.
• Prepare reports, write business correspondence and assist in the development and update of procedure manuals.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Four year (bachelor) degree in accounting or appropriate field or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• Minimum three years of intermediate level accounting experience using an automated system, including preparation of complex financial reports. Preferably Great Plains experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software, especially EXCEL.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral presentation.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Ability to produce highest quality work product in fluid and rapidly changing conditions.
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Settlement (performing arts related) and/or project accounting experience preferred.
• Experience with not-for-profit entities.
• Preference for a multi-ethnic and multi-lifestyle workplace.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job change.
About the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
Set in the heart of downtown Miami, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is committed to welcoming and connecting ALL people to the arts, to the Arsht Center, and to each other. Since opening in 2006, the Arsht Center, a 501C3 non-profit organization, has been a catalyst for billions of dollars in new development in the downtown area, a leader in programming that mirrors South Florida's diversity, a host venue for historic events and Miami's hub for arts education.
Each year, we serve more than 50,000 young learners and offer more than 100 culturally diverse and inclusive education programs. Our 300+ annual events include our Knight Masterworks Classical Music series featuring magnificent orchestras and soloists from around the world; the very best musicals direct from New York for Broadway in Miami; Jazz Roots, the largest jazz series in South Florida; our award-winning, Miami-made Theater Up Close program; Flamenco Festival Miami; brilliant work from our many Arts Partners and local artists, and much more.
The Arsht Center is a home stage for three resident companies - Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet, and New World Symphony - and a launchpad for local artists to make their mark on the international stage. In addition, our Family Fest, Free Gospel Sundays, Communi-Tea LGBTQ+ celebration, and Heritage Fest are among dozens of free activities that bring together people from all corners of our community.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online