The 1896 Stages, Inc.Brooklyn, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Studio Assistant jobs in Brooklyn-NY
Are you warm, professional, helpful and flexible? Wanna get thrown into the industry headfirst with exposure to everything from Episodic TV, Documentaries, Film, Music Videos and Commercials to Vogue Covers with Beyonce? Or have you been there and would be excited to run a Stage? Our team is small and mighty and we are adding to our family!
We are looking for Experienced Studio Assistants to run shoots (with Booking Assistant duties).
Must have prior experience on set with shoots and familiarity with its MANY moving parts. Must be able to handle high-pressure situations with confidence and a smile in a fast-paced environment. You'll need to have excellent communication skills, customer service skills, good attitude and patience. We need a super thorough and hard worker! You must be self-motivated with strong, time-management skills and a sense of personal responsibility.
Office experience a must. Admin is part of the game here and you have to want to do that part too. Proficient on Macs with Google suite, Word, Excel, Dropbox. Also, you must be physically able to climb stairs, lift heavy objects, sit, stand or walk for extended hours. The physicality of this job should excite you.
We'd love if you live close to our spot in Bushwick. This world has long days (10-17/hr days, sometimes starting very early in the morning at times). Art Department/building skills a definite plus. The owner is a Sculptor and the buildings constantly need us. Shifts would be scheduled as stages are booked, with possible permanent shift assisting office if you're really good with Admin.
Who we are:
The 1896 Studios and Stages is a woman-owned and run, pro-artist photo and film stage in the Bushwick Neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY.
The 1896 planted its roots 13 years ago when the owner (a sculptor and scenic painter) saw potential in three gloriously-worn warehouses from 1896 - in the yet to be recognized neighborhood of Bushwick. Since then, the 1896 and Bushwick (our community) have blossomed. The 1896 now comprises 4 warehouses and an outdoor courtyard & alley, an on-site prop rental business, and 25 artist studios.
What do we do:
At The 1896 we do not produce content for film/tv/commercials...but rather we supply the stage space/ unique filming locations for others to film within.
What you will do:
Duties And Responsibilities - Studio Assistant:
• Reflect the brand/character of the 1896 brand to clients/vendors?
• Keen knowledge of the features and benefits of our facility and available services. -
• Opening and Closing duties of shoots and events. -
• Maintain cleanliness, studio upkeep, improvements and organization of the stages, from set dressing to trash maintenance. -
• Inventory Tracking, Accountability and Upkeep. -
• Ensure safety and security of facilities and confidentiality of client information and booking data. -
• Fulfill client requests and trouble-shoot solutions based on client and facility needs. -
• Operate roll-gates, scissor-lift, some heavy-lifting. -
• Maintain thorough communication with office, particularly on any event or client changes. -
• Assist in administrative tasks and paperwork, and office operations.
• Maintain accurate and thorough booking logs, inventory upkeep and reports. -
• Complete all post-booking actions -
Duties And Responsibilities - Booking:
• Assist and support Booking Manager in a time-sensitive environment. -
• Monitor and handle administrative tasks from answering first inquires to final invoices. -
• Thorough knowledge of our 'hold' system; assist with timely and thorough upkeep of Booking Calendar and client requests. -
• Proper documentation and database upkeep, from insurance requirements to post shoot TEARS.
• Punctual correspondence to client and tenant inquiries. -
• Escort client and tenants in property showings 'Scouts' and art studio prospective tenants.
• Effectively communicate and interact with Booking Manager regarding any client changes. -
• Support in the creation and dissemination of online and other marketing and promotional materials
• Must have prior experience on set with shoots and familiarity with its many moving parts.
• This is a freelance position. Shifts will be scheduled as stages are booked, with possible permanent shift assisting office if you're really good with Admin.
• Studio Assistants must be available early morning/late evenings and weekends. Hours vary weekly.
• Ability to handle high-pressure situations with confidence and a smile in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and resilient with strong problem-solving, time-management skills and sense of personal responsibility. -
• Excellent short-term memory, and a love of details. Must understand systems and logistics.
• Super thorough and hard worker.
• Dedication, Commitment, Positive Team Perspective.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills, good attitude and patience. -
• A flexible schedule is mandatory- work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays. -
• Office experience a must. Admin is part of the game here and you have to want to do that part too. Proficient on Macs with Google suite, Word, Excel, Dropbox.
• Physically able to climb stairs, lift heavy objects, sit, stand or walk for extended hours. The physicality of this job should excite you.
• Art Department/building skills a definite plus. The owner is a Sculptor and the buildings constantly need us.
• Proficiency with graphic design and/or web/social media marketing. -
• Knowledge of photo and film equipment. -
• College degree?
• Lives close to our spot in Bushwick, Brooklyn. This world has long days (10-17/hr days and can start very early in the morning at times).
• Interested in working their way into the back-of-house Booking game, at least as an Assistant (ie likes admin/computers).