That's EntertainmentWestville, NJ
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Stage Manager jobs in Westville-NJ
Search all Stage Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Stage Manager? DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Direct liaison between performers and Studio Directors throughout the entire event.
- Responsible for reviewing the schedule and coordinating any conflicts with Studio Director and Event Manager.
- Responsible for checking in each routine as they are ready to go on stage.
- Responsible for minimizing ''dead time'' and keeping show on-time as best as possible.
- Working in tandem with Assistant Stage Manager/Runner to ensure all routines are ready to perform on time and in order.
- Responsible for communicating to the Emcee and Score Keeper any changes to the schedule, delays or any specifics/special announcements about upcoming performances.
- Responsible to communicate with B-Roll Videographer and remind Studio Directors/Performers when it is time for their Studio Interview.
- Responsible for making sure wings are clear during each performance.
- Responsible for coordinating props and prop handlers with Assistant Stage Manager.
- Work alongside Assistant Stage Manager in clearing the stage of any debris or potential problems on stage.
- Assist Awards Coordinator in handing out Awards at the end of each session.
- Set-up and breakdown of competition event.
- Must help where needed throughout the event.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to travel long distances
- Has great attention to detail
- Good logistical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication amongst leadership and staff
- A team player
- Customer-service orientated personality
- Excellent time management & multitasking skills
- Experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to carry heavy equipment
- Ability to work well on little to no sleep
- Sense of humor
• January - July 2021 (weekend events only)
We are hiring for the 2021 season. Looking for candidates from the New York, New Jersey, New England, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania areas. We are open to conducting Skype interviews for the first initial interview only. Follow-up interviews may be required in person either in New York, New Jersey and Ohio . Please do not apply unless you are available and able to travel for training sessions and work events throughout a variety of states in the east, mid-west and south during event season (January through July).
**Some weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday evening or Friday early morning and return home on Sunday or Monday afternoon. You can view our scheduled tour dates for the 2021 season on our website. A level of commitment required.
- Entry level pay for qualified applicants and interns accepted for college credit.
- Company arranged travel, meals and lodging provided when on the road.
- TE Provides all media and event equipment