That's EntertainmentWestville, NJ
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Event Manager jobs in Westville-NJ
Search all Event Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Event Manager? DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating and managing a team of staff members ranging from production crew to judges.
- Acting as primary contact for event venue.
- Being greeter and point person for studio directors at events.
- Ordering and being primary contact for staff meals.
- Manage and track the scoring tally spreadsheet for general and special awards throughout entire event especially at the end of each event session.
- Work hand-in-hand with scorekeeper to double check & finalize scoring.
- Jump in and assist stage manager when needed.
- Troubleshoot any unforeseen issues calmly and with a smile.
- Conduct daily count of sales table revenue.
- Act as emcee for any major announcements and awards announcements/presentation at the end of each session.
- Oversee the set-up and breakdown of all event production equipment (lighting, sound, sales table, trophies, judging computer equipment, etc.)
- Pre-event prep work may be required at times at home or in the TE office between events each week.
- Set-up and breakdown of competition event.
- Must help where needed throughout the event.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND SKILLS:
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Excel & MS Office
- Ability to travel long distances
- Strong leadership with prior experience in their field
- Impeccable logistical and problem-solving skills
- Keen sense of situational awareness
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication amongst leadership and staff
- Customer-service orientated personality
- Experience with speaking/presenting in front of a large crowd.
- Excellent time management & multitasking skills
- Experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to carry heavy equipment
- Ability to work well on little to no sleep
- Sense of humor
• January - July 2021 (weekend events only)
We are hiring for the 2021 season. Looking for candidates from the New York, New Jersey, New England, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania areas. We are open to conducting Skype interviews for the first initial interview only. Follow-up interviews may be required in person either in New York, New Jersey and Ohio. Please do not apply unless you are available and able to travel for training sessions and work events throughout a variety of states in the east, mid-west and south during event season (January through July).
**Some weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday evening or Friday early morning and return home on Sunday or Monday afternoon. You can view our scheduled tour dates for the 2021 season on our website. . A level of commitment required.
- Entry level pay for qualified applicants and interns accepted for college credit.
- Company arranged travel, meals and lodging provided when on the road.
- TE Provides all media and event equipment