Assistant Stage Manager / Runner
That's EntertainmentWestville, NJ
Part Time Job
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Direct liaison between performers, Studio Directors and Stage Manager throughout the entire event.
- Responsible for being the runner from back stage to dressing rooms.
- Responsible for communicating time remaining for performers to be ready and progress of when they are ready to Stage Manager.
- Responsible for making sure every member of each routine is present and that at least 3+ routines are lined up and ready to go at any given time.
- Responsible for making sure wings are clear during each performance.
- Responsible for coordinating props and prop handlers.
- Assist Stage Manager in clearing the stage of any debris or potential problems on stage.
- Assist Awards Coordinator in handing out Awards at the end of each session.
- Set-up and breakdown of competition event.
- Must help where needed throughout the event.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND SKILLS
• Ability to travel long distances
• Has great attention to detail
• Good logistical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication amongst leadership and staff
• A team player
• Customer-service orientated personality
• Excellent time management & multitasking skills
• Experience with working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to carry heavy equipment
• Ability to work well on little to no sleep
• Sense of humor
• January - July 2020 (weekend events only)
We are hiring for the 2020 season. Looking for candidates from the New York, New Jersey, New England, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania areas. We are open to conducting Skype interviews for the first initial interview only. Follow-up interviews may be required in person either in New York, New Jersey and Ohio . Please do not apply unless you are available and able to travel for training sessions and work events throughout a variety of states in the east, mid-west and south during event season (January through July).
**Some weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday evening or Friday early morning and return home on Sunday or Monday afternoon. You can view our tour dates for the 2020 season on our website. A level of commitment required.
- Entry pay
- Company arranged travel, meals and lodging provided when on the road.
- TE Provides all media and event equipment
ABOUT THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT:
For the past 18 years That's Entertainment has been providing educational and entertaining competitions throughout the Central and Eastern U.S. Our family-fun events & competitions offer a variety of genres such as Dance, Acrobatics, Vocal & Modeling. (New this season Instrumental)
In this ever-changing world TE looks to bring awareness to all our competitors through our Anti-bullying/Social Issue Music Videos. Our goals are to bring opportunities such as education, exposure & scholarships. We strive to build self-esteem in our competitors so they can overcome any situation they may encounter. Through these components the competitors have the potential to further develop as a performer and use these tools to be successful in any field they choose to pursue. Developing a positive attitude & way of thinking are key elements that are necessary in reaching their goals.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
That's Entertainment strives to create an competition environment that is fun, positive, high quality experience for both our guests and our staff. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our traveling team to share in our mission to provide a great quality experience to all of our performers, directors, families and friends. We offer a variety of opportunities for work in the field of performing arts, including but not limited too, Management, Production, Photography, Videography, Accounting, Broadcasting/DJ/Announcer and more.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online