Youth Academy Coach
Texas RangersDallas, TX
Part Time Job
Age: 18 and up
• Teach, coach, instruct, and have the ability to demonstrate softball and/or baseball skills and positive values, in accordance to the camp curriculum and as an extension of the Texas Rangers.
• Model and display the utmost professionalism in appearance, customer service, and coaching behavior.
• Supervise and motivate players between the ages of 6-18, as well as, evaluate players' baseball and softball skills and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
• Conduct 1-on-1 instruction, assist with new programming for the Academy, as well as, help plan camp agendas.
• Assist the on-site director with instruction, camp setup and registration, customer service, and officiating.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have baseball and/or softball experience of either played baseball and/or softball up to the collegiate level, or be a high school level or college level baseball and/or softball coach.
• Ability to throw batting practice from a distance of 40 ft.
• Ability to hit fungo.
• Exhibit good judgment and maintain appropriate behavior with clientele.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain for an extended amount of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Must submit and pass a criminal background and drug screening.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!