Texas RangersArlington, TX
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 6:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Tour Guide jobs in Arlington-TX
Search all Tour Guide postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Tour Guide?
Part Time Job
Tour Guides are responsible for the operation and activities required to run, maintain, and service the Rangers Events Tours & Experiences department by performing the essential duties personally and through supervisors.
• Interact with and guide visitors through walking tours of Globe Life Park and Globe Life Field in Arlington.
• Assist with preparation and execution of birthday parties, special events and tours, both on game days and non-game days.
• Must memorize tour script and be able to share facts about the ballpark, the Texas Rangers and MLB history (as provided by Tours department) in an educational and entertaining manner.
• Monitor all areas of Rangers tour route prior to guest arrival, and as needed, unlock and check all areas before beginning tour.
• Learn which tours and routes are available daily.
• Ensure safety of all visitors.
• Maintain a professional image and pleasant demeanor at all times.
• Welcome each guest and serve them throughout their visit.
• Selling tour tickets as needing and handling money.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
• Detail oriented.
• Displays strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively and comfortably with a diverse range of patrons from all backgrounds.
• Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal, customer service and public speaking skills.
• Knowledgeable of the Texas Rangers and Major League Baseball history.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must have internet access and computer skills for scheduling and other purposes.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations is essential.
• Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
• Ability to work nontraditional and extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays. Must be available at least 2 days per week throughout the year.
• Ability to kneel, continuously stand and walk for up to 8-10 hours throughout the ballpark, including but not limited to, stairs and ramps.
• Ability to project voice for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain.
• Ability to lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to reach and grasp items to be moved when requested.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!