Production Engineer Coordinator
Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
JOB SUMMARY: The Texas Rangers are looking for a Production Engineer Coordinator to assist with the broadcast and scoreboard infrastructure servicing of Choctaw Stadium and Globe Life Field. This position will assist the Production Engineer with the maintenance and upkeep of all audio-visual aspects and the day-to-day operations of both building's scoreboard control room, broadcast systems/infrastructure (radio and television), and digital signage systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Assist with technical operation, maintenance, and repair of Control Room equipment including, but not limited to, broadcast cameras, intercoms, routing systems, replay systems, production switcher, and stadium audio system at both Choctaw Stadium and Globe Life Field
• Oversee and manage the IPTV system and all TV, Menu Board related duties for both Choctaw Stadium and Globe Life Field.
• Assist the Production Engineer to cover all post-game and press conference feeds with local/National/International media and rightsholders
• Assist with the enforcement of policies and procedures for proper use of scoreboard control room equipment as well as Broadcast truck dock area
• Assist with the maintenance, repair, troubleshoot all building LED signage (scoreboards, fascia boards, auxiliary boards)
• Assist the Production Engineer for all Texas Rangers home games and non game-day events
• Assist with management of all cable installations throughout the facility, including running a full broadcast cable check post-installation, and repairing and replacing any defective cables
• Assist the Production Engineer for all MLBAM technical installations and maintenance
• Assist the Production Engineer to coordinate access and provide escort for the installation/work for the transmission companies
• Assist the Production Engineer to work with broadcasting department to manage National television access and locations
• Other related duties as assigned
• Associated Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent broadcast engineering experience
• Two to three years experience in managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting broadcast infrastructure including both radio and television
• Working knowledge of, but not limited to, production switchers, routing systems, intercom systems, broadcast cabling, and replay systems
• Working knowledge of audio systems from both an engineering and production standpoint.
• Experience with, but not limited to, professional live remote and studio production, LED displays and components, broadcast cameras, fiber and coax cables and termination of
• Applicants must possess a strong working knowledge of computer systems (hardware and software), networks, as they relate to the broadcast environment and live data stream processing
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Ability to troubleshoot to the component level in television control room environment
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternatives, assess consequences and implement recommendations -
• Must be a team player and possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Goal oriented, self-starter with strong work ethic -
• Available to work all Rangers home baseball games and other events as assigned, to include nights, weekends, and holidays as well as the regular work week
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!