Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
The Mascot Assistant is responsible for the support and handling of the Texas Rangers mascot, Captain.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Assist Captain during all game day promotions, appearance, and community events
• Courteously engage with fans at all Texas Rangers home games as well as some community appearances
• Act as crowd control and assistant to the mascot, including awareness of game progression, in-game scheduling, seat visits, fan requests, and potential hazards
• Carry mascot supplies (autograph cards, t-shirts, signs, etc)
• Manage and maintain all mascot equipment, including props, costumes. Ensure that mascot supplies and mascot room are well organized and clean, including the in-game mascot vehicle
• Keep mascot appearances on schedule and work on the field during home games to coordinate minute-by-minute details of mascot activities
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• All other duties as assigned
• Must be available for all 81 home games (which includes holidays, nights and weekends)
• Must have strong attention to detail. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to take creative direction and must be flexible when faced with changing priorities
• Creative, resourceful, along with good decision-making skills. Must be able to adapt quickly in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
• Confident and concise speaking skills and ability to speak loudly over crowd noise
• Must be able to relate with fans of all ages and backgrounds, especially kids. Must be able to promote an inclusive crowd experience and while managing a family friendly crowd environment
• Previous experience in sports promotions or a background in theater performance preferred
• Must have the ability to work outside in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time
• Physical requirements include the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, bending, twisting, running up and down stairs, and driving
• Flexibility to work long hours including: holidays, evenings, and weekends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!