Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
Manager I, Events
Job Title: Manager Event Conversion, Manager I, Events
Reports to: Director Event Operations, Events
JOB SUMMARY: This is a service position in the Rangers Events department. All service positions in this department are focused on providing world-class customer service and facilitating events for Rangers Events clients. The Event Conversion Manager is responsible for the daily operations, conversions, and technical activities required to run, maintain, and service Globe Life Field and Globe Life Park events by performing the essential duties personally and through supervisors and subordinates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Assists the director in supervising and scheduling all aspects of event conversions and technical services, including event setup, operation, and strike of Audio, Video, Staging, Lighting, and all other necessary event equipment.
• Manage hourly, part-time and contract workers required for the conversion and operation of events.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, and development of the conversion team.
• Manage and report updated inventory of conversion related equipment and tools.
• Ensure timely and proper coordination of the conversion activities with event coordinators, clients, other building departments, vendors, production staff, and show-related contractors.
• Responsible for managing the communication of event conversion schedules, floor plans, line diagrams, and inventory allocations information to all event stakeholders.
• Ensures facility rules, regulations policies, procedures, and brand standards are met including ADA compliance, building code compliance, and life safety code compliance.
• Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
• Work closely with departments and clients groups to define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans.
• Ensures that all Globe Life Field and Globe Life Park operations departments receive pertinent information for most effective use of the facility and staffing.
• Ensures facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
• Develops strong professional relationships with other departments, peers, and organizations.
• Provides general event support for public ticketed events as needed.
• Works flexible/varied hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University or a combination of school and work experience, some college preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in Supervising or Managing within a venue.
• Prior experience in an arena, stadium or convention center is recommended but not required.
• Experience working with AutoCAD, Revit, or similar preferred.
• Prior live events experience preferred.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office products, event management technologies, and customer relationship software
• Effective time management and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
• Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
• Ability to effectively supervise staff.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
• Working knowledge of venue life safety, crowd management, building codes (2015 IFC & 2017 NEC) , and ADA codes.
• Working knowledge of AVL production systems such as video switchers, audio mixers, and video streaming equipment.
• Working knowledge of various audio equipment (microphones, sound recording devices, speaker systems etc.).
• Prior supervision of a similar staff preferred.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!