Manager, Benefits Administration
Texas RangersArlington, TX
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager, Benefits Administration jobs in Arlington-TX
Search all Manager, Benefits Administration postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Benefits Administration?
Full Time Job
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Benefits Administration's main responsibility is to meticulously and skillfully manages daily benefits, compliance, and Human Resource functions, including Employee Relations. Able to think strategically, understanding the needs of the organization and executing challenging projects on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Administer 7 separate benefit plans, oversee US and international employee eligibility, and author communication to participants and vendors. Responsible for enrolling new employees and in all benefit plans, including health, dental, life, optional life, long term disability and Section 125 plans, as well as the 401K program. Prepare & distribute conversion/portability notices to terminated employees for optional life coverage.
• Ensure company compliance with all government laws and regulations to include ERISA, COBRA, ADAAA, FMLA, HIPAA, ACA.
• Lead annual RFP process for all benefit plans such as 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, EAP, patient advocacy services, FSA, HSA, and wellness programs.
• Consult with insurance brokers to survey and obtain coverage trends, options, and costs; responds to insurance proposals from brokers, agents and consultants and make recommendations for coverage and provider changes. Interact with all levels of insurance carriers, brokers, and consultants to resolve issues, assist with the implementation of new programs, and manage contractual concerns.
• Manage the Annual Benefits Renewal and Open Enrollment planning and execution including the preparation of management reports, development of the communication strategy and management of the enrollment process including preparation and distribution of insurance and other benefit descriptive and enrollment materials to ensure accurate and timely submission of data to all carriers. Includes facilitation of annual benefit pricing and design effort or periodic plan reviews in partnership with brokers and carriers.
• Advise executive management on overall plan program operations including premium rate determinations and significant administrative issues. Prepare annual cost analysis of benefits as a percent of payroll. Develop specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans. Develop company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing cost between employer and employee.
• Administer and maintain all employee data transactions, benefit elections, data integrity. In conjunction with HRIS, maintains employee benefits data in automated human resources information systems. Coordinate transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
• Monitor monthly costs of plans. Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums claims and costs. Review all monthly invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure compliance with the defined contribution and defined benefit retirement plans including auditing of payroll reports and maintaining positive working relationship with plan vendor and assist with preparation of government reports such as Form 5500 and Schedule SSA. Schedule annual audit and review payroll files to ensure correct and timely funding.
• Understand and communicate the implications of the ACA for the Company administered funds; in addition to administrating the regulatory requirements and measurement periods for tracking expected FT status of employees, HRIS reporting and annual compliance set-up, as well as continued maintenance.
• Interpret human resources policies and procedures with regards to benefits and assist with development of benefits policies.
• Provide services to employees to answer their benefit questions, resolve problems related to access to or payment of benefits, orient newly eligible employees, and process enrollment forms, changes, and loan requests.
• Manage Paid Time Off, FMLA, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
• 1-3 years' experience in benefits administration preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in related field required or equivalent experience.
• Excellent customer service and computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Must possess a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
• Must be a motivated self-starter.
• Time management skills are crucial.
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all home games during the season.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!