Intern - Special Events
Texas RangersKinston, NC
This was removed by the employer on 5/18/2021 5:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Special Events jobs in Kinston-NC
Search all Intern - Special Events postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Special Events?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internship Title: Special Events Internship
Reports to: Director of Special Event
TENATIVE INTERNSHIP START DATE: May 1 1, 2021
TENATIVE INTERNSHIP COMPLEMETION DATE: Oct. 1, 2021
INTERNSHIP SUMMARY: The Special Events Intern's main responsibility is but not limited to assisting the Director of Special Events in the organization, planning, implementation, production, and administration of special events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Support and execute all aspects of the day-to-day operations, including event management, and event-day operations.
• Complete any customer service and operational duties as assigned.
• Assist with stadium operations, events and mascot appearances as needed.
• Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals.
• Master all sales presentations, tailoring packages according to each event's needs, and handling objections to bring in new events.
• MUST HAVE PASSION FOR SPECIAL EVENTS AND POSSES A STRONG WORK ETHIC.
• Ability to advise and manage matters related to event operations.
• Previous experience with event management and possess interpersonal skills.
• Pursuing a bachelor's degree in related field required.
• Excellent attitude and ability to work well in a team setting.
• Outstanding organization, planning and project management skills.
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs.
• Must possess a high level of energy.
• Must be a motivated self-starter.
• Effective decision-making skills; ability to handle and adapt to high levels of stress.
• Familiarity with various communications devices (PA, Radio, Scoreboards).
• Excellent customer service and computer skills.
• Ability to perform physical labor for long extended periods of time and in various weather conditions.
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all home games during the season.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!