Intern - Events Marketing
Texas RangersArlington, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
JOB SUMMARY: This is a position in the Rangers Events department. All positions in this department are focused on driving content and attendance to Globe Life Park & Globe Life Field and other events and opportunities, while providing a world-class experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Help plan and execute promotional and marketing efforts for all special events and tour-related events.
• Traffic marketing requests within the Rangers Events department, assign timelines, route and track status of projects from start to completion.
• Assist with communication between Rangers Events department and other departments to facilitate workflow.
• Assist with generating, editing and publishing creative content for Rangers Events related digital accounts and other assets, working within brand standards.
• Monitor user engagement and communicate with digital account followers via responses.
• Assist with writing or editing content for projects including email and web copy, collateral material, advertisements, and other event related requests.
• Respond to internal and client requests in a timely and educated manner.
• Prepares weekly job status reports for director.
• Work occasional nights, weekends and minor holidays as needed.
• Attend select events to collect content.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills.
• Outstanding communication, copy editing and writing skills; bilingual Spanish-speaker is a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
• Marketing/PR background or education
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
• Motivated self-starter
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including upper management
• Strong customer service and networking skills
• Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events, talk and hear, occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!