Intern - Event Operations
Texas RangersArlington, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
JOB SUMMARY: This is a service position in the Rangers Events department. All service positions in this department are focused on providing world-class customer service and facilitating events for REV Entertainment clients. Intern, Events Operations will assist in the implementation and organization of events by fulfilling daily operations, conversions required to run, maintain, and service Globe Life Field and Choctaw Stadium events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Assist the Rangers Events Operations team in all aspects of including event coordination; daily ballpark conversions and setup
• Assist the Director of Event Operations in planning operations and logistics for all events
• Work closely with Conversion Coordinators and the Conversion Manager to assist with event management, pre-event and onsite communication, facility rentals and other in-house events.
• Provide support, planning, implementation of facility rules and policies, and delivery of all events at Globe Life Field, Choctaw Stadium or other REV Entertainment projects.
• Work on the timely and proper coordination of the conversion activities with event staff, clients, other building departments, vendors, production staff, and show-related contractors.
• Correspond with clients and outside organizations through calls, emails, walk throughs, and site visits
• Assist in the organization and upkeep of event documents and memos
• Provide quotes for operations supplies and assist in ordering those products
• Assist in ordering and keeping track of rental equipment brought in by REV
• Assist in daily, pre-event, event and post-event conversion and set-up services for all events
• Proficient in all tasks including construction and precise placement of stages, tables, chairs, bike rack barricades, and stanchions.
• Consistently seek ways to improve upon existing products; encourage innovation, excellence, and operation efficiency
• As scheduled, works flexible/varied hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required; ability to successfully communicate with all levels of staff and the public
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
• Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic
• Strategic and operational planning and delivery experience
• Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods; must be able to lift and carry heavy, awkward objects up to 75 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!