Intern - Charley Pride Fellowship Program
Texas RangersArlington, TX
This was removed by the employer on 5/18/2021 5:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Charley Pride Fellowship Program jobs in Arlington-TX
Search all Intern - Charley Pride Fellowship Program postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Charley Pride Fellowship Program? JOB SUMMARY: In the spirit of creating a more diverse and inclusive ball club by actively recruiting the best and brightest from diverse backgrounds, the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation in partnership with (sponsor) have created a 10-week internship program for Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in an Undergraduate Program. A ''Pride Fellow'' will be able to select 3 departments to work in during their time with the Rangers. This person will be able to experience firsthand what front office executives experience daily while exposing them to the professional baseball industry. Areas of baseball operations include player development, scouting, marketing, analytics, and beyond. This unique opportunity will place candidates in entry-level roles with the Rangers Ball Club while providing them.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Soliciting applicants, reviewing applicants and including departments in interview process, if desired
• Working with human resources to provide onboarding, orientation, and support of Pride Fellows through the 10-week opportunity
• Support departments with any issues that arise (tardiness, absenteeism, etc.)
• Follow up with Pride Fellows and future correspondence and support to provide assistance with future employment for Pride Fellow with the Rangers or within MLB or its other clubs.
• Seeking employees from diverse backgrounds to apply
• Candidates must be rising Juniors or Seniors (enrolled in a bachelor's degree program)
• Minimum GPA of 2.5
• A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required
• A 10-week commitment to participate in Pride Internship Program.
• Cover letter
• A personal statement (500 words or less)
• Two letters of recommendation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.