Director - Infrastructure & Security
Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
JOB SUMMARY: The Director, IT Infrastructure & Security is responsible for the planning, design, implementation and efficiency of foundational and complex technologies required to meet business needs. This position will lead a team of highly skilled technical staff. Technical vision, business acumen, inspired leadership and effective communication and collaboration are essential to the success of this position. The Director will coordinate and collaborate at all levels of the organization and will work closely with IT Applications & Operations to deliver business solutions. Cyber Security and Enterprise Architecture will be key elements in the philosophy and design approach for I.T. Systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Establish and effectively communicate the technology and business vision for your staff.
• Lead by example; establish, expect and foster a culture of excellence.
• Establish a business focused approach to I.T. solutions.
• Mentor and develop skills, capabilities and responsibilities of junior staff.
• Lead and promote continuous improvement and foster innovation.
• Manage the build-out; evolution; and operational support of enterprise network, voice & telecom solutions. Responsible for all operations and growth related to communications & transport mechanisms via LAN, WAN & Wireless, Network, Voice, Video, Unified Computing and Contact Center technologies systems
• Thought leadership in the areas of enterprise-class data center networks, emerging technologies (NFV, Containerization, Orchestration, NaaS, LAN overlays, SDx), and network automation and driving efficiencies into the support and stewardship processes
• Implement technology lifecycle strategy (current, emerging, sunset) and procurement strategies
• Develop and manage operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, & optimize delivery times (value streams optimization)
• Collect, track, and analyze performance data for the purposes of improving operations, forecasting staffing needs and effectively utilizing all available resources. Maintain effective network operations plans, processes and procedures
• Build and test system platforms to document integration compatibility with organizations infrastructure.
• Participate in Proof of Concept deployments which may benefit the organization.
• Coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
• Overseeing departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
• Document, maintain and verify stability of production systems.
• Ensure system security by monitoring alerts and staying current with security bulletins.
• Architect, design and implement backup solutions and ensure that they are functioning properly and test per policy.
• Effectively execute new systems delivery on-time and per specifications.
• Ensure that ticket queues related to complex system issues are handled in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoot complex network, storage and compute issues
• Provide a solution, root cause analysis and preventative measures for system issues.
• Managing IT Infrastructure & Security including directly supervising its employees and handling employee concerns and performance
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field highly preferred (or equivalent experience)
• Advanced graduate degree in related field a strong plus.
• Significant leadership experience in a management role
• 10 years' experience supporting core infrastructure and virtualization platforms in the enterprise.
• 5 years' experience leading technology staff in a complex technical environment.
• Prior experience with large development or construction projects a plus.
• Extensive experience with vendor management
• Familiarity with ITIL, ITIL certification a plus
• Experience with collaborating to develop budgets and with managing expenditures closely to a budget, prior responsibility for annual budgets in excess of $3M a plus.
• Experience with Managed Services, DRaaS, other SaaS solutions and Remote Management and Monitoring Solutions
• Expert knowledge of server clustering, cloud technologies and core infrastructure hardware.
• Expert knowledge of Exchange, Office 365 and other collaboration suites. (Slack experience a plus)
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Advanced network and/or IT certification (PCNSE, CCIE, CCNP, CISSP) or equivalent
• Related certifications preferred (VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft, Storage Platforms, Cloud, Security)
• Experience with industry leading network equipment; Palo Alto Networks, Arista, Cisco, Ruckus Networks etc.
• Experience with the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HSRP/VRRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, MCAST, QoS, WCCP, SIP, and IPSEC. H.323
• Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, LAN, WAN, MPLS, & Wireless
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to lead, motivate, and develop managers and associates
• Extremely flexible to the changing priority of project initiatives
• Must possess superior interpersonal, analytical, organizational skills and great attention to detail in planning and documentation
• Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure, self-motivated and service-focused
• Experience in building large, scalable and highly available mission critical infrastructures.
• Firm foundation and experience with Network Architecture, Design and Troubleshooting
• Prior experience in design and operations of Information Technology in a Pro Sports venue or other large public venue is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of disaster recovery and backup technologies.
• Broad knowledge and experience with systems is essential as a foundation for quickly reaching proficiency on a wide range of technologies and products (Technical Breadth)
• Excellent soft-skills and analytical skills.
• Overtime will be required frequently to accommodate business activity and to meet project deadlines.
• On-call availability including some weekends, evenings, and holidays as assigned.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?