Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
The Texas Rangers are seeking multiple apprentices to join their Player Development team.
Each Apprentice will work full-time at one of the Rangers minor league affiliates and report to the Player Development department. Apprentices will operate as an extension of the front office staff and be a resource for both players and coaches. Apprentices will be expected to manage the collection of multiple data streams. Apprentices will gain exposure across multiple departments and have access to and be encouraged to use a suite of internal, proprietary resources.
• Set up and operate bat/ball tracking technology and other sports science technology.
• Assist with high frame rate video captures of hitters and pitchers.
• Manage the corresponding data and collection process and assist with interpretation.
Research and Development:
• Collaborate with coaching staff and player development staff to monitor player goals and player progress.
• Perform research and analysis, both at the request of staff and independently.
• Use internal system tools to assist
• Communicate findings and insights to Minor League Coaches, Players, and Player Development Department.
Coaching Staff Support:
• Support field staff with on-field responsibilities.
• Support field staff with Advance Scouting, Coach Education and various administration tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrated passion and understanding for biomechanics, pitching or hitting analysis or sports science.
• Spanish speaking a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with SQL and statistical software (R, Python) is a plus.
• Working knowledge of advanced baseball statistics and publicly available research.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• This position will be based at one of the Texas Rangers affiliates and will include travel to away games.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!