Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in administrative and media relations duties and logistics for the Communications department. The primary focus will be to supplement the department's needs in baseball communications and radio network traffic management. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the game of baseball and be willing to work nights and weekends as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Produce portions of daily pregame and postgame notes as needed and assigned
• Responsible for the network traffic management and production of the spring and regular season radio broadcasts including sponsor elements, network timings, and format management
• Work with Rangers partnerships on sales initiatives to manage in-game radio elements to balance a strong listening experience with increased opportunities for advertising sales
• Assist as a point of contact for the Texas Rangers Radio Network
• Develop relationships with the Network affiliates to manage fulfillment of all contractual elements
• Manage the fulfillment of media credentials, as approved by the department heads
• Assist in the department's baseball media game-day operation to include the production of game-related media materials and press box responsibilities as assigned
• Provide day-to-day updates for the online media information site
• Maintain, update & build the department's media e-mail and contact distribution lists
• Assist in rightsholder requests and fulfillment for game day needs for baseball and business communication efforts
• Respond to fan feedback & correspondence with fans via phone, e-mail and online requests in a knowledgeable and timely manner
• Assist with arranging press conferences and other external media events
• All other duties as assigned
• Candidate must have a minimum of two years of work experience in the communications sector with a professional or collegiate sports organization or related field or equivalent experience. Working in professional baseball is preferred.
• Excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills
• Must maintain personal accountability for all tasks assigned
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred
• Strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills
• High degree of personal integrity and professionalism
• Able to work game and event days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required, including office work whether team is at home or on the road
• Strong desire to learn about and continue a career in the sports industry
• Working knowledge of the game of baseball
• Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner, often under tight deadlines
• Must be able to effectively take and execute directions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!