Texas RangersArlington, TX
This was removed by the employer on 4/29/2021 6:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Art Director jobs in Arlington-TX
Search all Art Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Art Director? JOB SUMMARY: The Art Director will lead a team of graphic designers in the execution of all brand-related graphic projects for the Texas Rangers. This position will effectively manage and develop in-house creative talent, and ensure that all creative deliverables support the team's brand strategy. This role will serve as the design thought leader for the organization and will work cross functionally to ensure an authentic, impactful and consistent visual identity for the brand.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Develop Brand Guidelines for the Texas Rangers, Globe Life Field and Globe Life Park.
• Lead the design strategy and the development of the Texas Rangers' Visual ID.
• Work with Creative Director and Manager, Creative Content to develop and evolve overall creative strategy, ideas and tactics.
• Work with Creative Director and Manager, Creative Content on visual/graphic approach and design for all video content.
• Be the design visionary for the organization. Includes proactively thinking about how we improve both internally and externally.
• Lead design strategy and help develop annual marketing campaigns.
• Lead the design strategy and oversee all print projects including in-season ads, direct mail, community reports, newsletters, collateral, promotional giveaways, and publications such as the game day program and team yearbook.
• Lead the design strategy for all POS collateral, ads, presentation elements and other materials for corporate partners as needed.
• Lead the design strategy and implementation for Globe Life Field branding and storytelling.
• Actively participate and contribute to the development of creative ideas for internal partners.
• Work with Director, Digital and Social Media and Director, Marketing and Advertising on development of digital design elements and templates for emails, social media content, website, and apps.
• Design and oversee production for static in-park signage.
• Work with commercial printers and any other outside vendors to ensure projects are printed and delivered in a timely manner.
• Organize, assign, and keep track of projects for the art department.
• Distribute brand guidelines, logos and digital photos as requested by various departments.
• Lead efforts assuring deliverables and projects are creative, error-free and on time.
• Hire, train, manage and evaluate all graphic design staff.
• Coordinate with team photographer as necessary to direct photo shoots.
• College degree required.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in graphic design field
• Excellent knowledge of desktop publishing software including all Adobe CS5 software in a Mac platform
• Thorough knowledge of the print production process
• Writing, editing and proofing skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines a must
• Ability to work non-traditional hours including occasional nights and weekends
• Ability to effectively communicate with other departments and corporate sponsors in order to design needed projects
• Previous management experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.