Analyst Sports Science
Texas RangersArlington, TX
Full Time Job
Analyst I, Sports Science
JOB SUMMARY: The Texas Rangers are seeking a candidate to provide research and analysis through statistical modeling, visualizations, and other assigned projects. This individual will support the Sport Science staff as well as other branches of the Performance, Player Development, and Baseball Operations staffs. This position is based in Arlington, TX.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Work with Sport Science, S&C, Medical, Nutrition, and Mental Skills departments to aide in driving Performance initiatives through integration of statistical analysis.
• Utilize Athlete Management System to effectively display data and produce reports (written and visual) for the Performance Group, Field Staff, and Front Office.
• Conduct statistical analysis, quantitative research, and data modeling on motion capture data and other information related to biomechanics.
• Manage reporting and analysis of all programs related to Sport Science.
• Work closely with Analytics and Systems departments to properly support, maintain, analyze, and distribute all Sport Science related information.
• Lead in data analysis of novel empirical experiments to further Texas Rangers understanding and research of Sport Science related fields.
• Produce insights and models developed for Sport Science to impact decision making in player development and evaluation.
• Provide analysis and reporting on human performance data to optimize player performance and minimize injury risk.
• Conduct quantitative research to support ad-hoc requests from Performance Staff.
• Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field such as statistics, predictive analysis, applied math, physics, quantitative social sciences, computer vision, engineering, computer science, data science, operations research, or related field.
• Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in one of the aforementioned fields preferred.
• Advanced understanding of statistical analysis techniques (regression, confidence intervals, Bayesian statistics, etc) and experience with machine learning techniques.
• Proficiency querying in structured and non-structured databases.
• Extensive experience with statistical programming languages (e.g., R or Python) and associated libraries.
• Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
• Experience with cloud computing, AutoML, and computer vision.
• Extensive experience working with Excel.
• Demonstrates ability to solve problems through a data-driven approach.
• Experience working with Athlete Management Systems is a plus.
• Foundational knowledge in performance science disciplines, including biomechanics, sports medicine, exercise physiology, and/or athletic training is a plus.
• Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Must be able to work unconventional hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!