Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel is in search of a Transmission Operator who strives to give superior performance and excellence, along with the desire to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7, fast-paced environment. One of the key components of our programming is the integration of more than 1,500 hours of live feeds with most live activity happening during the early morning or overnight hours, Friday through Sunday. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
include but are not limited to:
Performs transmission activities:
• Proactively performs all preparation in order to ensure accurate, error-free transmission of all live programming. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Checks and double-checks transmission work orders for correctness and accuracy, including the assignment of all technical resources.
• Works with department Manager to prepare and understand back-up scenario(s) as necessary, in the event of service interruptions during the live event.
• Ensures proper ''fax out'' of the transmission facilities, following documented procedures, prior to live events.
• Monitors incoming feeds for the duration of the events, including re-feeds, as required.
• Performs basic troubleshooting of problems or service interruptions for the live signals, including interfacing with vendors, management and other TC departments (Production).
• Performs recording, ingesting and QC duties of programming assets into on-air servers, AVID, NEXIO, as required.
• Provides clear and concise information to all operating areas, including logging all activity.
Performs Supervisory activities:
• Maintains working knowledge of the Company's transmission vendors and their capabilities and directing vendors in order to ensure all services are properly provided.
• Performs associated administrative duties of the position including, but not limited to:
• Maintains a skill level to generate work orders according to direction from Transmission Manager and Production department.
• Maintains information in the Transmission Bookings document.
• Accountable for billing, including matching invoices to work orders.
• Proof-reads and inputs data (events) into the Microsoft Teams for scheduling.
• Communicates details of live feeds to appropriate departments.
• Provide back-up for the Director of Transmission and perform duties, as required.
• Minimum 5 years' experience of working with satellite and fiber-based transmission vendors and a thorough understanding of their specific capabilities
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a Transmissions Operator
• Experience performing QC procedures and operation of waveform monitors, vector scopes, audio scopes and server operation is required
• Ability to troubleshoot difficulties in a live environment is required (with at least 1 year's exposure to integrating live/sports programming)
• Proficiency with record server operation and associated systems, such as router switches
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour television network, online streaming service, and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.