Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
This position is an operational role in a 24/7 environment that strives for superior performance and expects excellence from its employees. A key component of Tennis Channel’s programming is the integration of over 2,000 hours of live feeds with most live activity occurring during the early morning or overnight shifts, with a heavy concentration of activity occurring on weekends, Fridays through Sundays. The Transmission Operator is willing and able to work during the aforementioned days and hours, as well as during holidays and demonstrates a high level of commitment to the Company’s quest for excellence.
include but are not limited to:
• Performs transmission activities
• Proactively performs all preparation to ensure accurate, error-free transmission of all live programming
• Checks and double-checks transmission work orders for correctness and accuracy, including the assignment of all technical resources
• Works with department Supervisor to prepare and understand back-up scenario(s) as necessary, in the event of service interruptions during the live event
• Ensures proper “fax out” of the transmission facilities, follows documented procedures, prior to live events
• Monitors incoming feeds for the duration of the events, including re-feeds, if necessary
• Performs basic troubleshooting of problems or service interruptions for the live signals, including interfacing with vendors, management and other TC departments (Production)
• Performs recording, ingesting and QC duties of programming assets into on-air severs, AVID, NEXIO, tape decks, as required
• Provides clear and concise information to all operating area, including logging all activity.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of working with satellite and fiber-based transmission vendors and a thorough understanding of their specific capabilities
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Transmissions Operator
• Experience performing QC procedures and operation of waveform monitors, vector scopes, audio scopes and server operation is required
• Ability to troubleshoot difficulties in a live environment with at least 1 year of exposure to integrating live/sports programming
• Proficiency with record machine operation and associated systems, such as router switches, Servers, AVID, NEXIO
• Ability and willingness to demonstrate confidence and take ownership of the operation, including errors, faults and outages when they occur, and to communicate events to others in a timely, professional and accurate manner
• A team player that can interact with all levels of the Company, including management and internal stakeholders
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure, in a live programming and multi-channel, HD environment
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• A mature approach and the ability to occasionally work shifts in an unsupervised environment
• Self-motivated and driven with the propensity to proactively detect problems and errors in advance and take responsibility to resolve issues and to champion continuous improvements
• Highly detail-oriented and capable of performing meticulous work
• Superb organizational skills
• Understands the Company standard for being a good corporate citizen by recycling, minimizing waste, maintaining excellent departmental morale, proudly representing self and department both inside the Company with vendors and affiliates
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.