Supervisor, Broadcast Operations Center
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2023 4:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Supervisor, Broadcast Operations Center jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Supervisor, Broadcast Operations Center postings
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel's Supervisor of Broadcast Operations will maintain the smooth operation of all transmission and master control needs of the network. Working closely with the Broadcast Operations Coordinators and reporting to the Manager of Broadcast Operations, the supervisor will execute Tennis Channel's broadcast operational strategies in order to produce the highest quality product possible on air and online. The supervisor will assist the Manager of Broadcast Operations with interviewing candidates, training, and guiding the broadcast operations team.
This supervisor will maintain all of Tennis Channel's transmission and master control workflows. Working closely with the manager of broadcast operations to create a staff schedule to cover all necessary shifts, fulfill all transmission orders, as well as coordinate all distribution channels both linear and nonlinear. They will foster and maintain professional relationships with all stake holders both internal and external, from production and programming to third party vendors.
include but are not limited to:
• Supervise and guide, the Broadcast Operations Center, by leading and setting an example for both workflows and personnel.
• Ensure the quality of the on-air presentation. Work cooperatively with traffic, production, and others to accommodate changes.
• Develop and write SOPs of broadcast operations with BOC manager.
• Review and track service impacting issues. Report all maintenance needs to Engineering.
• Facilitate training of the staff with BOC manager regarding broadcast equipment and systems.
• Develop working knowledge of the company's Transmission & Master Control vendors and their capabilities and directing vendors in the appropriate manner to ensure all services are properly provided.
• Communicate and coordinate with Tennis Channel internal departments to understand master control & transmission requirements.
• Supervise with confidence and take ownership of the operation, including errors, faults, and outages when they occur, and to communicate events to others in a timely, professional, and accurate manner.
• create and maintain the broadcast operations' staff schedules.
• Monitor and maintain the server space with Media Management Department.
• Supervise closed caption services for all LIVE and NON-LIVE events.
• Provide employee feedback and reviews as per Sinclair standards in coordination with BOC supervisor.
• Strive to create a detail-oriented, self-driven, motivated, team to detect problems and errors in advance, drive improvements and revise procedures.
• A deep understanding of the broadcast industry both transmission and master control
• Experience with Imagine products, versio, nexio, motion, creation station.
• Experience with Masstech archive.
• Experience with OTT streaming platforms, Sports Radar, Amagi, Storyline, etc.
• Experience with Avid Fastserves
• Experience in Sports Production a Plus
• Knowledge of Tennis a plus
• Minimum 3 years Broadcast Operations experience
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The base salary compensation range for this role is $72,630 to $80,700. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.