Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Staff Accountant (GL)
Make your mark in tennis! Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Our Staff Accountant assists in completing the month-end close process, processing cash receipts, and implementing other key projects as instructed.
include but are not limited to:
• Month-end close & account reconciliations
• Prepares accounting for prepaid assets and accrued expenses/liabilities
• Analyzes general ledger balances and records reclassification entries, accruals, and adjustments as needed.
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepares monthly account analysis and trial balance reports
• Cash Receipts
• Processes cash receipts in Great Plains system
• Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly bank reconciliations
• Assists in corporate financial reporting objectives including yearly audit and tax filings
• Assists in the integration with parent company
• Assists in system upgrades and/or implementation
• Other duties, ad hoc analysis and requests as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance/related strongly preferred)
• Entertainment and/or related work experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
• Familiarity with Oracle, Blackline, and Great Plains preferred
• Strong attention to detail
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong communication skills, including ability to write proficient emails to upper/mid management.
• Strong organization skills, including using task lists and project planning schedules
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!