Social Media Coordinator
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our Social Media Coordinator will assist the content team in the planning and execution of content across Tennis Channel, Tennis Channel International and Tennis.com's social media channels and websites. Each day you will challenge yourself and the team by blending creativity, tennis knowledge, and social trends to produce high quality content distributed across priority markets domestically, in Europe, and elsewhere. We're seeking an individual who is organized, has an excellent work ethic and a willingness to learn. This position requires someone who will thrive in an environment that embraces constant innovation, collaboration, and strong editorial judgement for news and social happenings.
• Post engaging content daily across social media channels including live match coverage from tournaments spanning over multiple time zones. Publishing on all present and future social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and YouTube.
• Craft compelling and accurate social copy for posts deploying in a fast-paced environment.
• Ensure all content is grammatically and statistically accurate.
• Monitor daily trends, stay on top of what competitors are producing daily, and find ways to use that as inspiration when pitching unique ideas.
• Create and edit short videos and graphics using Adobe Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Collaborate with production teams on planning, scheduling, and execution of content.
• Assist team in organizing social media calendar, monitoring brand's social channels, interacting with social audience, pulling analytics for custom reports on KPIs.
• Assist team in the brainstorming and development of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
• 2-3 years of social or editorial experience
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia, or related field
• Knowledge of video editing and graphic design software, native social analytics/insights
• Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, strategic-thinker
• Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
• Creativity and passion for social media and production
• Basic knowledge of tennis and tours
• Strong content/editorial judgement, production and writing skills
• Highly organized and experience handling multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
• Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays around the tennis calendar
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.