Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in tennis! Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Our Senior Preditor is responsible for the day-to-day editing of video content for Tennis Channel International as well as supervising other Preditors, concept development, and writing and producing of video programs of varying length. Our Senior Preditor is a strong video storyteller who develops creative from concept to delivery according to strategic direction while staying within the Tennis Channel International brand. They possess advanced video editing skills and are a strong collaborative partner eager to work with Tennis Channel’s production team. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining Tennis Channel International’s brand across platforms through the content created in this role as well as including graphics and other key branding elements in the content. The role reports to the Editor-in-Chief of Tennis Channel International and works closely with both the content and OTT operations teams.
This role requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies as well as extensive experience in the development of content specifically targeted to the OTT consumer. Direct experience in the development and creation of OTT content is required.
Our Senior Preditor is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment and possesses excellent interpersonal and leadership skills in order to effectively interact with a network of Tennis Channel stakeholders on a regular basis.
include but are not limited to:
• Edits video content for Tennis Channel International
• Supervises Junior Preditors and Preditors
• Conceptualizes, writes, produces, edits and packages engaging video content for linear experiences
• Maintains technical standards of all post-production content
• Edits graphics and video in a deadline-driven environment
• Creates versioning edits for different platforms
• Collaborate with peers and production personnel on all projects to generate high quality content
• Utilizes industry standard digital content and editing software
• Exhibits disciplined data and metadata management in addition to strong archiving skills across projects, applications and databases to optimize collaboration
• Maintains Tennis Channel International’s brand voice through overall tone and images; works in close collaboration with the team’s graphic designer as well as other individuals within the division
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
• 5 years of editing experience in the linear television, digital video or OTT content space
• Strong graphic (including motion graphics) and video editing skills in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent experience with digital content management systems, digital workflows, subscriptions, analytics and data
• Ability to juggle heavy workloads and keep multiple projects on track
• A deep understanding of how to organize and manage content ingestion and editorial / scheduling
• Direct experience in launching and developing new OTT products
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in the digital video and OTT space in general
• Extensive experience with video and image editing software and processes, including Avid and Adobe Suite
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!