Senior Accountant Revenue / Ar
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in tennis! Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Our Senior Accountant works closely with Senior Accounting Revenue Manager on revenue accounting, monthly reconciliations, and financial reporting, and variance explanations.
NOTE: Applicants MUST include a cover letter to be considered.
include but are not limited to:
• Revenue Process and Month-End Close
• Reviews monthly Advertising revenue accrual, including linear (on-air spots), and non-linear (digital & print) advertising. Reconciles to semi-monthly reporting, and research/record necessary reclasses and adjustments.
• Records and reconciles non-advertising revenue streams, including digital/print subscription revenue, digital revenue share, and reconciliation to cash received
• Reviews and adjusts liabilities related to revenue, including ADU and royalty payments
• Implements and maintains accounting procedures for new revenue streams
• Assists in coordination of month end close deliverables and timely communication with management
• Reviews and reconciles revenue and balance sheet accounts, including accounts receivable, deferred revenue, barter, and accrual balances
• Creates other journal entries, as necessary, to perform responsibilities
• Calculates and prepares internal and external account executive commissions due, as assigned
• Coordinates receipt and distribution of revenue reporting to various users and departments.
• Accounts Receivable & Other
• Supports Corporate AR/collections team in research & communication of issues
• Approves small volume of cash receipts and discrepancy adjustment processing
• Researches credit applicants and submits completed applications for management review
• Creates audit schedules and works with auditors, as necessary, during SBG’s annual audit
• Coordinates with IT and other relevant departments to support accounting system upgrades
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Finance focus)
• Minimum 4 years of progressive accounting experience (entertainment or advertising industry preferred)
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• NOTE: applications MUST include a cover letter to be considered
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must be able to work quickly and accurately to meet reporting deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables)
• Familiarity with Oracle (Bridge) and/or Great Plains a plus but not required.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!