Public Relations Coordinator
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2020 9:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Public Relations Coordinator jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Public Relations Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Public Relations Coordinator? Make your mark in tennis! Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
This position supports the Public Relation goals of the channel and reports directly to the Executive Director of Public Relations. The successful candidate is a highly responsible, flexible individual with solid creative writing capabilities, and a strong desire to learn and grow.
include but are not limited to:
• Researches, drafts, edits and issues press releases, media alerts, editorial copy, media kits, talent/executive bios and advertorials
• Manages and contributes to Tennis Channel’s Public Relations-themed social media accounts
• Writes and edits projects for multiple Tennis Channel departments
• Maintains up-to-date corporate media materials
• Interacts with media representatives, bloggers and podcasters
• Assists in the organization of Public Relations-sponsored media events
• Manages photographic needs such as executive and talent headshots and the organization of event/tournament/studio photos
• Writes, edits and designs monthly external customer newsletter
• Monitors daily media; compiles and circulates press clips
• Maintains press archives
• Assembles research and information for publicity interviews and appearances
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications is required
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in entertainment PR, Media and/or Communications field is required
• Stellar writing ability and strong proofreading, punctuation skills and eye for detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Fluent in AP Style
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; general Photoshop understanding
• Adept in utilizing social media as a marketing tool, especially Twitter
• High level of comfort and excellent phone etiquette and poise when speaking with media representatives
• Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and effectively while meeting deadlines
• Flexibility and willingness to take direction; ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Applicants shortlisted for interviews will be required to submit at least one original writing sample and complete a writing examination
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.