Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
This Production Manager works in tandem with Tennis Channel International's Executive Producer and key production personnel to manage and support all aspects of planning and execution for multiple production formats. This includes remote-'ENG' production, In-Studio production, Live-Streams, Social media shoots, and Talent integration. The Production Manager is a direct report to the Executive Director and SVP International.
include but are not limited to:
• Serves as key resource for all production teams in the field and primary liaison among a wide variety of entities (e.g., Facility Management, Production Crews, Talent, Site Operations, Vendors, Tournament Directors, and other TV Network Representatives)
• Tracks and manages production crews/teams working at tournaments and off-season venues, mostly throughout Europe
• Vets and hires new crew members in collaboration with Executive Producer. This includes staffing for all 3 categories:
• Above the line (freelance producers and directors, etc.)
• Below the line (freelance crew members that come through other companies)
• ENG crew members
• Facilitates booking emails to secure the services of freelance editors and applicable production personnel
• Oversees the acquisition and distribution of various production elements, such as event footage, music and music cue sheets, graphic elements, equipment etc
• Develops and ensures quality control of all production books
• Manages and maintains planning documents: trackers & planning spreadsheets
• Works closely with the Manager, Production Accountant on managing cost, coordination of crew, and show requirements to ensure timely processing of crew time cards and contracts/deal memos
• Upholds a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the role's status as an ambassador and network representative for the Tennis Channel on an international level
• Extensive experience and knowledge of production methods, remote production, and industry rate cards
• Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence quotient
• Domestic and International travel capability. Valid U.S. passport enabling travel for 2-3 events per year
• Willingness to work 50 hours/week on a flexible schedule that includes Day, Night and Weekend shifts (Tennis season is Jan-Nov; heaviest workloads occur in the summer months May-Sept)
• Ability to adapt and thrive in constantly changing environments, filled with unpredictable challenges and interaction with all personality types
• Enthusiasm for managing hands-on projects and the resourcefulness to 'get your hands dirty' and make things happen
• Proven and strong ability to multi-task, adapt to fast-pace environment and manage several productions from start-to-finish
• Minimum of 3 years in Production Management role, or a similar position within the Sports or Entertainment Production Industry
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; organized, proactive, and quick-thinking.
• Rolodex of production contacts & talent (Domestic and International)
• Previous experience overseeing all aspects of travel for up to 50 people, including: flights, hotels, car rentals, food, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.