Production Finance Associate / Analyst
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Our freelance Production Finance Associate/Analyst helps to support the Production Department and works alongside the Production & Finance Teams, playing a key role in cost management. They will be an essential contributor within our remarkable Production Finance team assisting the Director of Production Finance with cost reporting, overhead budgeting/forecasting, and various analysis projects.
include but are not limited to:
• Assist with monthly cost reports, revenue review, and department flash reporting
• Review invoices coding & assist departmental invoice approval process
• Track and follow up on outstanding invoices as well as research and respond to payment inquiries
• Assist with expense Report reconciliations/approvals
• Assist Production Accounting Manager with special projects (as needed)
• Prepare/process weekly timecards and start paperwork for freelancer payroll
• Coordinate heavy volumes of deal memos/agreements for non-staff production personnel
• Assist department purchase card expense report submission and cost management.
• Assist Director of Production Finance with monthly forecasts, accruals, and amortization
• Maintain yearly rights/licenses fee schedules
• Assist with annual VAT submission (as needed)
• Maintain five-year plans of rights/license fee schedules, and Tennis Channel International market roll outs and sub channel launches.
• 2-5 years' experience in Production Accounting or Finance.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Great Plains Project Cost Software or similar major production accounting software.
• Experience with live events and/or professional sports a plus
• Experience with international startups a plus
• Ability to solve problems, deal with difficult personalities, act with discretion
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience. Educational background with accounting/finance, or business.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The base salary compensation range for this role is $250.00 to $275.00 per day. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
$250.00 - 275.00 per day