Production Finance Associate / Analyst -
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Tennis Channel's Freelance Production Finance Associate/Analyst helps to support the Production Department and work alongside the Production & Finance Teams playing a key role in cost management. They will be an essential contributor within our remarkable Production Finance team and assist the Director of Production Finance as needed with cost reporting, overhead budgeting/forecasting, and various analysis projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Works alongside the Production & Finance Teams playing a key role in cost management
• Coordinates heavy volumes of deal memos for non-staff production personnel and contract management of department SOPs and renewals
• Assists department purchase card expense report submission and cost management
• Assists Director of Production Finance with monthly forecasts, accruals, and amortization
• Completes monthly cost reports, revenue review, and department flash reporting
• Completes Quarterly projections and variance analysis
• Maintains five-year plans of rights/license fee schedules, and Tennis Channel International market roll outs and sub channel launches
• Assists production finance team with overhead budgets and forecasts
• Supporting responsibilities may include reviewing/coding invoices, researching and responding to payment inquiries, processing freelance start paperwork and weekly payroll, maintaining yearly rights/licenses fee schedules, and other clerical tasks as needed
Required skills & qualifications:
• 2-5 years' experience in Production Accounting or Finance
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience. Educational background with accounting/finance, or business.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Great Plains Project Cost Software or similar major production accounting software
• Experience with live events and/or professional sports a plus
• Experience with international startups a plus.
• Ability to solve problems, deal with difficult personalities, act with discretion
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.