Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Our Freelance Production Assistant learns and grows within our production team. Our Freelance Production Assistant has sports production experience or general interest in sports production. Sports, in particularly tennis, offers hugely inspiring story lines across the globe. Our Freelance Production Assistant embraces this with us, and works hard as part of a smart team of journalists and producers. We are looking for a part-time Freelance Production Assistant and/or Freelance Post PA (Logger) and this individual will work out of our Santa Monica office. They will work closely with live and post production.
include but are not limited to:
• Assists studio productions both in the control room and on set (handling Producer requests, running scripts & copy, operating video calls & teleprompter, handling deliveries & catering, cleaning and stocking workspaces, etc.). Assists Announcers & Stage Managers with daily requests.
• Helps Production Management team with various tasks (tracking crew wrap times & inventory, assisting with shipments & organizing storage, supply runs, spreadsheets & data entry etc.).
• Logs tennis matches using Avid Media Central. (Transcodes pre/post show for web/podcast, clipping match points, create highlights & melts, uploads clips to Social Media & Digital Team)
• Bachelors Degree preferred
• One year or more experience in production is preferred
• Interest in working in television production/sports production
• Accessible transportation for errands
• Helpful team member but takes initiative when working independently
• Must be able to respond quickly under tight deadlines and adapt to changes with a positive attitude
• Knowledge of Tennis and the ability to identify professional tennis players is a major plus
• Experience using Avid or working in a live control room/production is a plus
• Keen attention to detail for properly maintaining media and organizing tasks
• Sharp focus, adaptable, self-motivated and driven personality
• Comfortable taking direction from multiple producers and managers
• Must be open to working unusual hours as well as weekends, holidays, and overnights. Flexible schedule is appreciated but not required
• Ability to lift and maneuver up to 25 lbs. of gear and equipment
• Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility for delegated work
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.