Master Control - Day Of Air Coordinator
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Master Control - Day of Air Coordinator (Freelance)
Tennis Channel's Freelance Master Control, Day of Air Coordinator is a technical role in a 24/7 operation that strives for excellence and expects excellence from its employees. An important component of the channel's programming is the integration of over 4000 hours of live tennis coverage. Much of the coverage occurs during the early morning or overnight shifts, with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays.
include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate with internal departments such as Traffic, Programming, Production, and Promotions to facilitate creation, acquisition, and execution of the Daily Broadcast Logs.
• Monitor on-air network signals and commercial streaming devices.
• Conduct first-line fault investigation, troubleshooting, escalation, and reporting of service interruptions.
• Supervise and assume responsibility for all the department's live events.
• Schedule and coordinate live match records for immediate on-air turnaround.
• Transfer, ingest, and perform QC checks of on-air assets.
• Daily Playlist Prep
• Accept the broadcast log(s) from Traffic and ensure proper translation into the automation system.
• Check for accuracy, ensuring all elements and events (programming, promos, ads, bugs, tickers, snipes, and closed captioning) are scheduled properly for air.
• Live Events
• Ensure accurate and error-free integration of live programming and live cut-ins by working closely with in-house and remote production staff.
• Multi-Channel Environment
• Ensure multi-channel network origination operates nominally by proactively checking information, content, and systems in advance.
• Communicate with staff, other departments, and outside vendors and clients.
• Understand and demonstrate the company standard for being a good 'corporate citizen' and act accordingly (i.e. recycling, minimizing waste, maintaining excellent departmental morale, proudly representing oneself and department both inside the company and with vendors and affiliates).
• Work a varying schedule which includes, evenings, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Minimum three years' experience as a master control operator in a multi-channel environment is mandatory
• Strong verbal and written communication skillsets with deep familiarity of Microsoft Windows and Office programs, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• A working knowledge of Imagine, Versio, and Amazon WorkSpaces automation, Broadway traffic, and Masstech archival systems, as well as File Transfer Protocols, and various broadcast codecs
• Experience with live event switching, QC procedures, and operation of waveform monitors, vector scopes and audio scopes; server operation and database input
• Willingness to work varying shifts to cover live events, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work under pressure in a live programming and multi-channel environment
• Highly detail-oriented, self-driven, and motivated to proactively detect problems and errors in advance, drive improvements, and revise procedure
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel:
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.