Master Control Day Of Air Coordinator
Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Our Master Control – Day of Air Coordinator is a technical role in a 24/7 operation that strives for excellence and expects excellence from its employees. An important component of the channel’s programming is the integration of over 4000 hours of live tennis coverage. Much of the coverage occurs during the early morning or overnight shifts, with heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interfaces with company departments such as Traffic, Programming, Production, and Promotions to facilitate creation, loading and execution of the Daily Broadcast Logs
• Verifies, corrects and edits traffic logs by performing QC of assets
• Monitors on-air network signals and commercial streaming devices
• Conducts first-line fault investigation, troubleshooting, escalation and reporting of service interruptions
• Takes an ownership role for all the department’s live activities:
• Playlist Prep
• Accepts the daily broadcast log from Traffic and translates it into a playlist for the automation system.
• Double-checks Daily Broadcast Log for correctness and accuracy, ensures all elements and events (programming, promos, ads, bugs, tickers, snipes, and closed captioning) air correctly
• Live Events
• Ensures accurate and error-free for integration of live programming and live cut-ins by working closely with in-house and remote production staff
• Multi-Channel Environment
• Ensures multi-channel network origination operates nominally and error free by pro-actively checking information and equipment in advance and communicating with staff, other departments and outside clients
• Willing to work varying shifts to cover live events, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, interacts with management and act as department liaison with other stakeholders in the company such as: Production, Program Scheduling, Library, Promotions and Traffic
• Ability to work under pressure in a live programming and multi-channel environment
• Highly detail-oriented, capable of performing meticulous work
• Self-driven and motivated to proactively detect problems and errors in advance, drive improvements, and revise procedures
• Understands the company standard for being a good ‘corporate citizen' and acts accordingly (i.e. recycling, minimizing waste, maintaining excellent departmental morale, proudly representing oneself and department both inside the company and with vendors and affiliates)
• Minimum three years’ experience as a Master Control Operator in a multi-channel environment is mandatory
• Maintains a working knowledge of Imagine Automation, Broadway traffic system and on-air channel origination systems including Masstech on-air and archival technology, as well as channel branding systems, File Transfer Protocols and various broadcast codecs
• Experience with record machine operation; QC procedures and operation of waveform monitors, vector scopes and audio scopes; server operation and database input
• Thorough understanding of traffic and inventory integration
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!