Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Immerse yourself in an openly collaborative and creative environment as a Junior Preditor for Tennis Channel's content team. The role will primarily include the creation, editing and curation of videos and graphics for TC's non-linear platforms, like websites, apps and social media. It will also be an opportunity to learn more about the overall sports media eco-system, work in the field at large event and occasionally deal with high-profile talent.
include but are not limited to:
• Edits daily content for apps, websites and social media platforms (video, photos, gifs, etc.).
• Edits versions of linear content for all non-linear platforms.
• Aids producers in the visual conceptualization of short-form social media content, often for a quick turnaround.
• Works closely with social media team on creation and curation of fan-engaging video.
• On occasion, assists in the producing of weekly digital series with other producers and editors.
• On occasion, ideates new content ideas and series for website, apps and social media.
• On occasion, collects match footage and edits together highlight packages.
• Uploads videos and show packages to the app and content management systems (CMS).
• Works closely with the Content Team to deliver all assets on our content calendar.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 3 years' experience in editing and producing at a media company, sports league or digital agency
• Strong content/editorial judgment, production and editing skills
• Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of systems like Premiere, Avid, & Photoshop
• Ability to create some motion graphics and animations for social video
• Quality writing skills, with the ability to generate unique copy on the fly
• Experience with content management systems
• An interest in sports and/or tennis
• A passion for internet culture, social media, trending news items, and digital influencers
• Works well independently, with a team, and in the field
• Flexible with changing schedules around the tennis season, including some nights and weekends
• The ability to travel to and work at large scale events, sometimes internationally
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.