Intern - Finance & Accounting
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
About Tennis Channel Internships
Tennis Channel's Internship Program offers unpaid academic credit only. Our internships are during entire semesters not just breaks/vacations. A letter indicating that you are eligible to receive academic credit must be submitted. In return, you'll receive hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced sports entertainment TV Network environment covering one of the most electrifying games in the world today - TENNIS! Our program offers terrific opportunities for students in academic programs with concentration in entertainment and/or business finance. Completion of our internship program does not guarantee employment by Tennis Channel.
Finance & Accounting Internship, Santa Monica, CA. Note, location is dependent on timely local government regulations related to COVID guidelines. This internship location will align with the location from where the Finance Team is working (i.e., remote or in the Santa Monica headquarters).
We are seeking a motivated Finance & Accounting Intern who is ready to take the next step in their collegiate journey. By application of education and career exploration, you will learn to apply your textbook knowledge to the business world. If you are ready to learn how a professional workplace operates and translate theory to actual experience, this is the internship for you. Our intern will assist with a wide range of assignments, getting exposure to Financial Planning and Analysis, General Ledger and Financial Reporting key activities. In addition, you could be introduced to a wide range of financial systems and processes. This is an exciting opportunity for any student is pursuing a career in finance & accounting and a career in the Sports and Entertainment industry.
Only those who are currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed will be considered.
Requirements (All must be met):
• Must be currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
• Must be in good academic standing, as defined by the academic institution
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
• Commitment and schedule to be determined based on the academic policy of the school for hours / classroom unit equivalency.
• Accessible transportation
Some things you'll learn:
• Collaborate with the finance team on yearly forecasting and budgeting processes
• Exposure to various software platforms
• Assist with month end close activities
• Learn to differentiate operational accounting vs. corporate accounting
• Learn how internal controls are applied for both a business unit and a corporate company
• You will be introduced to business integration projects
• Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other relevant major
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially excel
• Aptitude for mathematics
• Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and manage time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A passion for sports, most notably tennis is desirable
What to include with your application:
• Cover letter
• Any additional information you'd like to share to help us understand what you hope to learn from your internship experience
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel:
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.