Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in tennis! Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating graphics and content for Tennis Channel International. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining Tennis Channel International’s brand across platforms and support the greater team with any graphic needs.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Editor-in-Chief of Tennis Channel International and will work closely with both the content and OTT operations teams. The role will be based in Los Angeles.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies as well as extensive experience in the development of content specifically targeted to the OTT consumer. Our Graphic Designer possesses excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and effectively interacts with a network of Tennis Channel stakeholders on a regular basis. Direct experience in the launch and/or ongoing development of an OTT video service and content is required.
Our Graphic Designer is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment.
include but are not limited to:
• Creates graphics and content for all of Tennis Channel International’s OTT products and social media platforms (static hero graphics, GIFs, social content, social covers, promotional graphics, thumbnails, etc.)
• Creates and updates daily graphical templates and support content producers with any graphic needs and production workflows
• Creates original motion graphics (opens, lower thirds, slates, tags bumpers, etc.) and/or update existing packages
• Designs daily hero images and promotional assets
• Ideates and creates new assets that will improve the user experience
• Collaborates with other team members to design graphic and text elements for videos
• Coordinates and delivers high quality images to all platforms that are sized correctly and consistent across channels
• Prioritizes projects to meet multiple and simultaneous deadlines
• Maintains high standards while balancing other job-related duties and projects
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or Communication Arts.
• 3 years of experience designing within entertainment, digital video, and/or the OTT content space
• Excellent knowledge of the social, web, video platforms and social communication tools
• Solid experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Premiere, and content management systems
• Strong after effects skills and experience
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in the digital video and OTT space in general
• Strong layout skills and experience conceptualizing complex and/or abstract subject matter
• Process driven and hyper-focused on organization and detail
• Direct experience in launching and developing new OTT products is a plus!
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!