Fall Intern - Content
Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Make your mark in tennis. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top 10 pay-TV service providers.
About Tennis Channel Internships
Tennis Channel's Internship Program offers unpaid academic credit only. Our internships are during entire semesters not just breaks/vacations. A letter indicating that you are eligible to receive academic credit must be submitted. In return, you'll receive hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced sports entertainment TV Network environment covering one of the most electrifying games in the world today - TENNIS! Our program offers terrific opportunities for students in academic programs with concentration in entertainment and/or business. Completion of our internship program does not guarantee employment by Tennis Channel.
Content Internship (Santa Monica and Culver City)
This internship is in both our Santa Monica and Culver City offices and is designed to expose you to Tennis Channel’s omnichannel content strategy, and production of content across multiple platforms: linear television, streaming sites, apps, OTT, social media, website and magazine. This internship is for the fall semester.
Across all these platforms, you will learn about production, pre-production preparation, live events, original programming and post-production. The goal of the department is to boost creativity and produce entertaining programming. You can contribute to this end by helping us stay organized and work on new efficiencies. At the end of your internship we hope you will understand how this production department operates and where you think you’ll best fit in should you choose a career in sports television.
Only those who are currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed will be considered.
Requirements (All must be met):
• Must be currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed.
• Must be in good academic standing, as defined by the academic institution
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
• Minimum commitment: 2 full days of work per week (10 - 20 hours)
• Accessible transportation and weekend availability
• An interest in sports entertainment or tennis
Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Supports and learns from all content creators across linear and non-linear production
• Quality controls content assets across features, apps, websites and social
• Proofreads stories, fact checks statistics and researches information covering wide variety of tennis topics
• Assists with labeling and titling library metadata
• Helps with department analytics and audience research needs, compile spreadsheets tracking various projects
• Brainstorms new feature and social media ideas with content producers
• Logs tennis tapes for time code and shot description
• Enters tape information into in-house library system
• Heavy emphasis on logging content to transition to a tapeless environment
• Assists with live remote productions and world feeds (often on weekends)
• Prepares and assists with camera and gear for local shoots
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PPT
• Experience using Avid, Photoshop, Adobe Suite would be nice to have
• Some knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Interest in television and also digital & social content
• Keen attention to detail, for properly maintaining records and organizing tasks
• Sharp focus, adaptable, self-motivated and driven personality
• Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility for delegated work
• Ability to lift and maneuver up to 25 lbs of gear and equipment
• Some knowledge of tennis and current players would be a major plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at Tennis Channel Careers (https://tennischannel-careers.silkroad.com/). Also include a cover letter and two work samples such as writing projects, audio files, videos (these can be graded class assignments or published work) by including their respective links.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!