Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our Editor-in-Chief is the lead creative executive for the service. The Editor-in-Chief is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment. This role reports to the SVP of International and Direct-to-Consumer.
The Editor-in-Chief possesses a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies as well as extensive experience in the development of content specifically targeted to the OTT consumer. Our Editor-in-Chief has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively interact with a network of Tennis Channel stakeholders on a regular basis.
Direct experience in the launch and ongoing development of an OTT video service and content is required and experience in sports is strongly preferred.
include but are not limited to:
• Builds and manages an engaged, motivated and driven team to edit, package, schedule and deliver quality content in a high-speed, deadline-driven work environment.
• Oversees the planning and scheduling of linear channels and VOD content sourced from Tennis Channel content as well as content partners and other tennis stakeholders (e.g., tennis federations, instruction and/or lifestyle content providers). In addition, manages the onboarding of partner and affiliates, QC of content, and partner management functions.
• Works closely with leadership, colleagues and partners across the operation to ensure that the programming team is following best practices and providing the most optimal user experience.
• Manages the programming P&L in collaboration with the SVP, including managing and deploying editorial budget effectively, ensuring ROI.
• Ensures that the team KPIs are met and, when possible, exceeded.
• Plans and implements programming/stunts in such a way that will increase the reach and commercial viability of the market proposition while growing users and session times.
• Provides robust technical developments and recommendations to improve the service platform, creating - efficiency in collaboration with technology and product teams where appropriate.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree required. Post graduate degree a bonus
• 8 years of experience in the broadcast, digital and/or social video content space leading programming function and teams
• Excellent knowledge of the social web, video platforms and social communication tools
• Solid experience of working across multiple platforms and genres of television content
• A deep understanding of how to organize and manage content ingestion and editorial / scheduling / programming teams to meet the editorial aims of the business across a wide range of content vertical
• Excellent creative skills and integrity
• Ability to verify and surface key content programming strands ensuring that the service channels maintain the desired accompanying narrative
• A proven track record of digital video content storytelling
• Strong experience managing staff and resources with validated leadership
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in broadcasting, online video and the OTT space in general
• Solid experience of video editing software and processes
• Experience in sports content and/or programming
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.