Director Of Planning and Scheduling
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in tennis. Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
The Director of Planning and Scheduling for Tennis Channel International provides programming strategies, direction and analytical experience in the programming and scheduling of content for multiple digital linear and VOD channels on the TCI OTT service and platform. The Director of Planning and Scheduling works in close collaboration with other members of the TCI team as well as Tennis Channel personnel.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies as well as extensive experience in the distribution of content specifically targeted to the OTT consumer. The Director of Planning and Scheduling reports to the Editor-in-Chief of Tennis Channel International (TCI). Our Director of Planning and Scheduling has a deep knowledge of tennis as well as an extensive digital video and streaming background.
include but are not limited to:
• Leads the strategic program planning and scheduling process for TCI, including content and programming strategy, scheduling and programming for all digital linear channels and VOD on the TCI OTT service
• Understands and integrates audience flow and key viewing habits into programming decision-making process
• Identifies, coordinates and implements programming stunts and events as well as periodic promotional plans
• Thorough understating of analytics to track performance, identify trends and increase KPIs
• Work with internal production and programming teams to identify and develop programming strategies that can be developed and/or deployed on TCI
• Evaluates alternative programming opportunities and develops new, strategic opportunities to further enhance the content
• Collaborates with finance personnel to analyze profit and loss impact of potential program acquisitions and negotiates program agreements, as directed
• Manages CMS improvements and product enhancements in collaboration with the development team and the Director of Product
• Manages reporting and presentations for senior management and creates reports for distribution to external partners
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• 5 years’ experience in content planning and/or scheduling is required
• Strong knowledge of digital and streaming platforms is required
• Successful track record of increasing engagement and/or ratings through strategic and creative scheduling
• Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly proficient in MS Office and scheduling software
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!