Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer or an experienced television engineer with demonstrated leadership skills. Our Chief Engineer supports our live studio productions while effectively leading a team. This team leader coordinates and maintains computer-based and broadcast equipment, as well as supports all post production workflows and infrastructure upgrades.
This is an operational role in a 24/7 broadcast facility. An important component of our network’s programming is the integration of over 2000 hours of live feeds. Most live activity occurs during the early morning or overnight shifts with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays. Therefore, this individual must be able to work those shifts, as well as frequent holidays.
include but are not limited to:
• Defines and manages projects assigned to engineering team
• Works closely with management colleagues within Tennis Channel to anticipate upcoming projects and improve workflows
• Assists and advises in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
• Prepares an on-going scheduled maintenance plan for all equipment used at Tennis Channel production facility
• Installs and maintains video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting
• Maintains broadcast computer-based equipment software, hardware, licensing and local area network applications on systems throughout the facility
• Performs preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on Broadcast equipment in-house or remote locations
• Responds to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment 24/7
• Leads and manages Master Control, TOC, and the Engineering team
• Mentors Engineering staff on new technology, work ethics and organizational skills
• Develops/creates training plans on broadcast equipment
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach
• Dedication to quality
• Adaptability to new technology and change
• Social responsibility and strong ethics
• Ability to solve complex problems
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in broadcast television required
• A college degree, SMPTE certification, SBE certification and A certification preferred
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• RF/Satellite experience
• Knowledge of workflows relating to computer based editing systems, including media archiving and storage relating to AVID and EVS platforms
• High standard of Engineering practices including: observing OSHA safety rules, being able to install new equipment using Visio, CAD drawings and elevations, intuitive cable management and labeling, submitting updates to Engineering documentation, and creating user SOP’s
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!